Friday, June 7, 2013

Charley Davidson

Charlene "Charley" Davidson* was the only main female characters in the scifi cartoon Biker Mice from Mars (there were two other females, Carbine and Harley†, but they never got action figures). The show ran for three seasons, from 1993 to '96. Charley was voiced by Leeza Miller McGee. (There was a revival of the show in '06, but I've never seen it. Lisa Zane voiced Charley in the more recent show.)

What I really enjoyed about Charley was the fact that she was a grease-monkey motorhead kinda girl. She owns the Last Chance Garage, and is a mechanical genius. This is no girlie-girl. She's "one of the guys" even though Vinnie is romantically inclined.

Here's something else: cosplaying as Charlie would be easy and comfortable.


I need to revisit the episodes, but I don't remember a red shirt, ever.
I'm not sure what's going on with the action figure, don't know why the red shirt. Anyway, the shirt color issue aside, to be Charley, one would need a long-sleeved button down shirt, jeans, cowboy boots, a belt with an oval buckle, and a second belt with various pouches. (Not only comfortable, but practical!) I dislike the tucked-in pantlegs, but other than that this is a really easy look to achieve. I think I should rewatch the show, just to make sure I get it all right, though, don't you think? Watching cartoons... for research.§


________
* Ya get it, ya get it? "C-harley Davidson"? Yeah, I think it's kinda obvious too...
† Carbine was voiced by Leah Remini, Harley by Kath Souci; both characters were anthropomorphic mice, and were only in a couple episodes each (from the original series).
§ That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

No comments: