Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Semi-Annual Chicago Toy Show

Once again, this show ran concurrently with C2E2, but unlike last year, I decided not to go downtown to the con. There were panels I'm really sorry I missed, but the crowds are just unendurable for me.

This year is the 41st for the Chicago Toy Show, taking place at the Kane County Fairgrounds, in St. Charles, IL. It took me three hours to get though the buildings I wanted to (I skipped the "doll" building, partly because it's a little creepy). I still haven't found the Borg Queen, but I did come home with:
  • Classic Silk Spectre (The Watchmen)
  • Aspen Matthews (Fathom)
  • Kim Arashikage (GI Joe, AKA Jinx; according to the seller, Hasbro lost her name copyright)
  • Dr. Elsa Schneider (Last Crusade)
  • Black Queen (Marvel Legends, TRU exclusive)
  • Jade (Golden Girl and the Guardians of the Gemstones)
  • Plaster of Paris (from The Spirit)
  • Arsia (Green Lantern)
  • Boodikka (Green Lantern) 
So a good haul, really! And three hours all to myself, even if it was a little crowded. (People were queuing up to get in a half-hour before the gate even opened.) I got a little warm-up the day before, finding the Aliens: Resurrection Ripley and Walking Dead's Maggie Greene at Half Price Books, so my weekend total was eleven new figs.

The next show is October 26th, so mark your calendars!









No comments: