Saturday, January 25, 2014

So Much to Do!

My basement is a mess. It's making my brain kinda messy, too. I have packaged figures I need to photograph and get on the shelves, comic books that need to be boxed, art to frame, and a wall to paint. I've been working on the basement in fits and starts since August '12, and I just can't stand it. I have so many things I want to do with the space, and can't because it's a mess.

My goal right now is to get the clutter taken care of so that by this summer, I can paint the wall. Once that's done, I will have more time to devote to the curation of the collection, and of the list of heroines. I have so much I want to do with that...

I bought my pass for Geek Girl Con in October, and I'm trying to talk a friend into making a trip down from Ontario so we can go to G-Fest in July. The end of June is my target date to get the basement "done." (It will never be completely done; there will always be something that needs doing.)

I have a pretty clear goal, less clear solutions for reaching it, and a headache that is getting in my way. C'est la vie, non? Le sigh.

Another motivation for getting it done once and for all? I promised myself a "geek tree" once the basement was clutter-free. I even put all the geeky ornaments in a separate box when I put everything away earlier this month. And so many ideas for geeky ornaments to make... I am a woman on a mission, and just as soon as the painkillers do their job, I am on it! (But until then, I think it's gonna be me, on the couch, with a notebook making lists...)

No comments: